Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot

From: Jonathan Yavner
Subject: Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:17:50 -0400

(Please pardon the delurk.)

In HAPE mode, I locally set `jit-lock-stealth-nice' to 999, with the comment
  ;;Stealth fontification on a large HAPE database consumes vast
  ;;quantities of RAM and is unlikely to be useful.

I love JIT font-lock and depend on it for proper operation of HAPE, but
stealth-fontification is pointless when working on a 2MB file that's heavily
fontified but probably much less than 1% of it will be looked at during any
one editing session.

Maybe stealth font-lock is pointless all the time.
--
   ___