Re: Preferences support for Carbon Emacs

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Preferences support for Carbon Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:55:28 +0900

> I also added a function that reads arbitrary application preference
> value and converts it a Lisp object.  For example, evaluation of
> (mac-get-preference "AppleLanguages") results in an array ["ja" "en"
> "fr" "de" ...] of strings in my environment.  Maybe this can be used
> for setting up the default language environment at startup time.

I've made some changes to set-locale-environment so that some system
language settings can be reflected on Mac OS.  They are consulted in
the following order at startup time:

  1. Environment variables LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and LANG as in other
     systems.

  2. Preference AppleLocale that is set by default on Mac OS X 10.3.

  3. Preference AppleLanguages that is set by default on Mac OS X
  10.x.

  4. Variable mac-system-locale that is derived from the system
     language and region codes.  This variable is available on all
     supported Mac OS versions including Mac OS Classic.

Also, the coding system derived from the system script code is used as
default coding systems on Mac OS Classic.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden