Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:58:41 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Even if at one time before 1990 it might have been the case that
>> the mode was not merely aliased, I doubt that pre-1990
>> compatibility is a major concern nowadays.
>
> But you can't claim that AUCTeX is "owning" the names either, since
> they are clearly older.

I didn't claim any such thing.  I just pointed out that the only
conceivable effect of the aliases in our times is to cause trouble and
confusion.  If people need a historic excuse for blaming the bad
effects of their current decisions on somebody else, this is fine with
me.  Have fun.

Can we find something less ridiculous and irrelevant for the purpose
of bashing our heads in?