Re: Mac OS X Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:38:01 +0900

> Hi, i'm using today's CVS Emacs on Mac OS X 10.3.9 built using the
> make-package script. Everything seems to work fine but i'm not able
> to cut or copy text from a buffer. I only get messages like these:

> Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
> Symbol's function definition is void: mac-paste-function

They are no longer used in the latest CVS.  You must be using older
.elc or you have own setting in your ~/.emacs or other startup files.

If the same error occurs even when invoked with -Q option (e.g.,
`/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q' from Terminal), then
do `make maintainer-clean' at the top directory, and then do
make-package at the mac directory again.  Otherwise, there must be
some setting about interprogram-cut-function in some startup files
such as site-start.el, defaults.el, etc.  Maybe you can find it with
find-grep-dired.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden