Re: entering Unicode characters as hex numbers not documented

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: entering Unicode characters as hex numbers not documented
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:58:09 +0300

> Cc: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:43:20 +0200
>
> > We shouldn't cater only to the ignorant.
>
> It is the ignorant who need to consult a manual in the first place.

No, everybody needs to consult a manual.  The only exceptions are
those super-humans who can remember a 600-page manual by heart.

> > If I type "i utf-8 RET" and land on the page that describes
> > ucs-insert, I don't want to waste time looking for information that
> > just isn't there.
>
> The time to press `,' is not exactly taxing for a cognoscente.

I was talking about the time it takes to read and re-read the node,
searching in vain where it talks about UTF.  I have a bad habit of
trusting the index, so if it says there's something about UTF, I'll
try hard to find it.