Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:49:41 +0300

> From: Reiner Steib <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:33:24 +0200
>
> Attached you'll find the gzipped gdb log (from a fresh bootstrapped
> build on 32-bit GNU/Linux).

Thanks.  Will look at it today or tomorrow.

> BTW, the above is on SUSE 9.2.  On SUSE 10.0 I don't observe an
> overflow.  I don't have gcc version of SUSE 10.0 here, but I can
> provide it later if it's of interest.

Please see whether the GCC versions are different (although I cannot
yet see how a different version could explain such large
differences).  What is the GCC version on your SUSE 9.2?

Can people who know about SUSE think of any differences between these
two versions that could explain the difference in pure space usage?