RE: Two new Zippy'ism contributions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Two new Zippy'ism contributions
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:38:46 -0700

    Maybe it sounds harsh, but the originals are often pretty inspired,
    and it's not that easy to quickly churn outs stuff that's equally good;
    if we distribute a file filled with randomly solicited replacements, I
    expect the result will disappoint those people who use yow.

I agree with Miles on this. Of course the original quotations are inspired -
they're from Zippy!

Better to provide a hollow yow structure with, perhaps with one good line
(whether  pseudozippyism or from today's news), than to churn out a long
list of mechanical pseudononsense.

    I'm not sure whether that's better or worse than the command simply
    ceasing to work...

We should keep the command - or at least its infrastructure, but replace the
quotations file with an empty file or a sample one-liner. The point is not
to replace Zippy but to show how to use yow.