Re: renaming directories on windows port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: renaming directories on windows port
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:21:03 +0300

> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:08:32 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
>
> On Windows when I have a directory called "c:/temp/foo" and try to
>
> (rename-file "c:/temp/foo" "c:/temp/FOO")
>
> Emacs tells me
>
> (file-error "Renaming" "no such file or directory" "c:/TEMP/foo"
> "c:/TEMP/FOO/foo")
>
> When `file' names a directory, and `newname' and `file' differ in case
> only, the intended action of `rename-file' on Windows reasonably is to
> just change the case of the directory name.  The trivial patch below
> should resolve this:
>
> 2006-06-21  Martin Rudalics  <address@hidden>
>
>       * fileio.c (Frename_file): Don't try to move directory to itself
>       on DOS_NT platforms.

Thanks, I installed this.

Please in the future include in the log entry the preprocessor
condition, if any, of the change.  Here's the ChangeLog entry I
committed:

        * fileio.c (Frename_file) [DOS_NT]: Don't try to move directory to
        itself on DOS_NT platforms, if the old and new names are identical
        but for the letter-case.