Re: `comint-exec-hook'-like feature for erc?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: `comint-exec-hook'-like feature for erc?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:08:24 -0400

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there (or should there be) a `comint-exec-hook'-like feature that
> runs after text has appeared in an ERC buffer (i.e. text that has been
> put there by anyone)?  I would personally find this useful, and did
> not see find such a hook in the code.  There is an
> `erc-send-completed-hook', but this only applies to text that
> originated locally.

One of the following hooks will do what you want, depending on whether
you want the hook to trigger before, after, or during ERC's auxiliary
text display functions (button highlighting, timestamps, et al).

erc-insert-modify-hook
  Variable: Insertion hook for functions that will change the text's appearance.

erc-insert-post-hook
  Variable: This hook is called just after `erc-insert-modify-hook'.

erc-insert-pre-hook
  Variable: Hook called first when some text is inserted through
`erc-display-line'.

Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net
  /` |\ | | | IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #hcoop, #muse, #PurdueLUG
 |_] | \| |_| Project involvement: Emacs, Muse, Planner, ERC, EMMS