Re: problems starting windows compiled help files with start-process

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: problems starting windows compiled help files with start-process
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:28:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:11:29 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:29:43 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, Emacs Devel <address@hidden>,
        Mathias Dahl <address@hidden>

That is because no one has had the time to rewrite that part.

Reading that part I also found that it is about running DOS processes on MS Windows. I suggest that we rename to to reflect this.
What version of which manual are you reading?  In the CVS version (and
the one distributed with the pretest), the MS-Windows part _was_
rewritten, and the node's name is "Windows processes".

The CVS version.

Then please explain what places did you want to be changed to talk
about Windows as opposed to DOS.  I really think the rewrite you were
asking for was done already, but maybe I missed some places when I did
that.

I think the original poster has explained now what he missed there. I would suggest adding that and pushing much of the current node into a subnode about DOS subprocesses. This material might still be valuable, but it is not that common to use DOS subprocesses any more I guess.