SUSE users: Can anyone run GTK Emacs with wxGTK installed?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: SUSE users: Can anyone run GTK Emacs with wxGTK installed?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:48:35 +0100

I posted to the pretest-bug list about Emacs 22 built with GTK support
segfaulting after I installed wxGTK on SUSE 10.1, and Jan Djärv
suggested I recompile pango with debugging enabled to try to get more
information.  Before I take that step, I would be grateful if any SUSE
users who uses the GTK build of Emacs 22 could test this on their
system (preferably 10.1 or 10.0), so I can know whether this is a SUSE
problem or a local issue.  All you have to do is install the wxGTK rpm
and the see if you can start GTK Emacs (builds with other X11 toolkits
are not affected).  If Emacs segfaults, you just have to uninstall the
wxGTK rpm, and Emacs should start again as usual.  (However, don't
build and install wxGTK from source: I did that in the hope of solving
this problem, but the Makefile has an empty uninstall target and even
after deleting all wx* files by hand, I still cannot start GTK Emacs,
and haven't gotten anywhere yet trying to find out why.)  I would
appreciate any and all feedback.

Steve Berman