Re: unicode font-backend + tiling

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: unicode font-backend + tiling
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:18:04 +0900

Leo <address@hidden> writes:
> That's a very interesting screenshot. Will those features be merged
> into Emacs once 22 is released?

At least some of them will... :-)

The anti-aliased fonts are part of a reworking of font handling on the
unicode branch, which will become the new trunk once 22 is released.
The image-background stuff is my own patch, which I think may be
mergeable in the future (while arguably it's just bling, I don't think
it's all that intrusive).  [Other stuff like lexbind, who knows...]

[After using it for a while, I find I really like the aa font support
... text looks so _pretty_ now (and Emacs is, after all, all about
text!).]

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?