Re: address@hidden: mouse-yank-at-point in Comint modes]

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-yank-at-point in Comint modes]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 14:20:22 +0100

address@hidden (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> The call to `mouse-set-point' that was removed used to select the
> comint window/buffer. After this change the code is executed in the
> wrong buffer if a different window was selected before the click.

Ah, right.  It seems that trying to handle this case is hopeless because
when `mouse-yank-at-point' is t, yanking will always try to yank in the
wrong buffer if the target buffer is not current when Emacs receives the
event (since `mouse-yank-at-click' skips the `mouse-set-point' call in
that case).

So instead of adding a workaround for this problem, I just reverted my
change.  I guess that calling `posn-window' to select the window first
would work, but it's better left for later...

Thanks,

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the