Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:58:50 -0500

Can we get this thread moving again?

>>> I haven't seen this bug, and I also use Gnus imap with heavy use of
>>> ticks.  Is it still happening to you?
>>
>> Yes.  And even the unread status gets dropped: if I reproduce the same
>> steps as in the original report but instead of ticking with ! and use M-u to
>> mark it as unread, the same thing happens: the unseen status gets lost as
>> soon as I leave the group and try to re-enter it.
>> As mentioned, this doesn't happen with all messages, but I can still
>> reproduce it with the same message and I know it happened with others
>> as well.

Stefan, if you can reproduce this bug easily, can you try
binary-searching through old Emacs/Gnus versions and identify which
recent checkin (if any) caused the problem to occur?  Also, see if the
problem happens with other IMAP servers, if possible?

 Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden> wrote:

> First: are you running the server in agent mode?  In the *Server*
> buffer (reach using `^' in group buffer), does the server you are
> using have "(agent)" by it?  I have had similar problems in the past
> when accidentally using the server in agent mode when I had no
> reason to do so.
>
> Also, could you set `imap-debug' to t, reproduce the problem, and send the
> contents (or partial contents) of the *imap-debug* buffer?

There was a trace in the original bug report:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-11/msg01227.html