Re: global minor modes that can be overridden locally? [was: highlight-c

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: global minor modes that can be overridden locally? [was: highlight-changes-mode]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 02:52:30 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:
Why not define a new sub foo-mode-locally to toggle it in current buffer when it is a global minor mode?

Not clear to me what you mean.

That makes me wonder if I am misunderstanding something ... Are we not talking about global minor mode and how to turn them on or off both globally in all buffers and locally in just one buffer?

I meant that foo-mode should toggle the global minor mode in all buffers and foo-mode-locally should toggle it in just the current buffer. Should not that be possible?