Re: Problems in sending mail using GNUS: emacs-unicode-2 and Head branch

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Problems in sending mail using GNUS: emacs-unicode-2 and Head branch
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:50:34 +0530

Hello,

On 12/13/06, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
In article <address@hidden>, dhruva <address@hidden> writes:

Does it happen only with emacs-unicode-2?  Could you please
try with HEAD version?

My sincere apologies. It was a goof up on my side in my .emacs file.
In the following line, the "user-mail-address" was nil. I fixed it in
my .emacs and everything works file.

(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
            `((,smtpmail-smtp-server 25 ,user-mail-address nil)))

However, I feel the above goofup can be better handled by doing an
error check in GNUS. If the argument is nil, prompt the user to enter
the information.

with best regards,
dk

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!