Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue - Patch for beginning-of-

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue - Patch for beginning-of-defun-raw.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:59:07 +0100

> The trouble is that find_defun_start will scan from bob if
> open_paren... is 0:

I see.  Does it do that for every single comment in `syms_of_xdisp' or
is there something particular which triggers it in certain comments
only?

Anyway, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do here at the moment.  I'm
convinced that this bug is responsible for C mode being slow over the
past year.  Eventually, Stefan will have to move syntax-ppss in here.
So far let's avoid setting `open-paren-in-column-0-is-defun-start' to
nil for _any_ mode.  Unless you have an idea ...