Re: Questions about leim/makefile.w32-in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Questions about leim/makefile.w32-in
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 00:04:20 +0200

> Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:09:17 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > As an aside, I don't think we even support building Emacs on Windows
> > outside the source tree.  Can you try and see?
>
> How do I try that?

I'm not sure myself.  Perhaps "make OBJDIR=somewhere_else" would cause
the built files to go to the named directory.  In general, look
through the makefile's for the variables (hopefully, only one, but
don't count on that) that, if set, will cause the invoked commands to
put their output outside the source tree.  Unlike on Unix, the Windows
build does not support _configuring_ from a different directory, a-la
"/foo/bar/emacs/configure", so you actually must invoke "make" from
the source tree's nt/ subdirectory, as usual; but maybe there's a way
to force the build products to go elsewhere.