Re: address@hidden: auto-fill in c-mode messes up incomplete comments]

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: address@hidden: auto-fill in c-mode messes up incomplete comments]
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:47:26 +0100

> Please install your change, and then I'd like people to try the
> latest code for editing C files to see if this introduces any new bug.

As Toby pointed out, this patch only cures part of the problem.
I think the way `hang-ender-stuck' is processed has to be read by some
knowledgeable people, and patched once and for all.

I'll try to see if I can find a fix. ATM, I can fix Toby's problem but
I still have weird behaviors:

*** cc-cmds.el  03 Dec 2006 01:56:56 +0100      1.46
--- cc-cmds.el  26 Dec 2006 11:32:25 +0100
***************
*** 3733,3739 ****
                          ;; text and the ender, depending on how
                          ;; many there are now.
                          (unless spaces
!                           (setq spaces (- ender-column (current-column))))
                          (setq auto-fill-spaces (c-delete-and-extract-region
                                                  (point) ender-start))
                          ;; paragraph filling condenses multiple spaces to
--- 3730,3736 ----
                          ;; text and the ender, depending on how
                          ;; many there are now.
                          (unless spaces
!                           (setq spaces (max 1 (- ender-column
(current-column)))))e
                          (setq auto-fill-spaces (c-delete-and-extract-region
                                                  (point) ender-start))
                          ;; paragraph filling condenses multiple spaces to

Still leads to weird things, for example:
Buffer---------
/*
 *
 *
Point on second line, then hit `space', you're on the third line. This
is already the case with the current code, but in another fashion.
Well. There's hope, I think.

Merry Juanma's-birthday-mas.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |  La culture c'est comme la confiture,  |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007     |      c'est meilleur avec du pain.      |