Re: fortran-fill-paragraph fails

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: fortran-fill-paragraph fails
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:12:23 +0100

On Mon Dec 25 2006 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >          (commark
> >           (comment-string-strip (buffer-substring comstart comin) nil t))
> >          (comment-re
> > !         (if (string-match comment-start-skip (concat "\0" commark "a"))
> >               (concat "[ \t]*" (regexp-quote commark)
> >                       ;; Make sure we only match comments that use
> >                       ;; the exact same comment marker.
>
> Please add a clear comment explaining the reason for this "\0".

I must admit that this patch goes much beyond my knowledge of elisp
hacking. Also, I cannot find anything in the elisp manual explaining
the meaning of "\0" in this context. If there is a general idea for
this, I'd much appreciate if it was documented in the elisp manual,
too. (Or did I look at the wrong spot?)

Roland