The chaos codes appear again when using Emacs Unicode 2 CVS to open it.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: The chaos codes appear again when using Emacs Unicode 2 CVS to open it.
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:44:07 +0800

Dear Handa-san,

The attached file is downloaded by me from the following URL:

http://www.math.org.cn/forums/index.php?s=8d5ced06083e1806f0e9cdef2901d190&act=Attach&type=post&id=9067

When I open it with latest Emacs Unicode CVS 2 version compiled by me, some
characters in it is displayed as chaos codes, when I open it with gedit, the
chaos codes will disappear.

And I find the files original code scheme is GB18030, so I use the global
file variable in the begin of the file:

%% -*- coding: gb18030; -*-

But this cann't solve the problem at all.

Furthmore, inasmuch as the Emacs Unicode CVS has the capability of
supporting GB18030 and GBK, so I think the the file variable such as:

%% -*- coding: gb18030; -*-

shouldn't be used, that is, the Emacs itself should do these things
automatically.  I think it can, because lisp it very powerful and
intelligent.  Do you think so?

Honyi Zhao (赵弘毅) <address@hidden>         Chinese Academy of Sciences
gpg DSA: 0xD108493B      fp: 5BFB CEAF DCE4 F461 F929  7D28 05B6 D6AE D108 493B

《征人怨》
作者:柳中庸
岁岁金河复玉关,朝朝马策与刀环。
三春白雪归青冢,万里黄河绕黑山。