Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:29:08 +0000

David Robinow wrote:
 There is a warning that debugtype:both is no longer supported.  I
don't remember which type it actually uses.  As shown below, this
warning became an error in Visual Studio 2005.
I think it is OK to remove this option. It was useful when Emacs could not be compiled with gcc on Windows, because it allowed people to debug the precompiled binaries using gdb. But now that gcc is used to build the precompiled binaries, we can assume that anyone compiling with msvc will also have access to the microsoft debugger.