Re: National Language Support Functions

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: National Language Support Functions
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:30:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I didn't miss your argument, I was reflecting on the _way_ you
_present_ your arguments.  If you say that some principle is
important, then please follow that principle even if it is
inconvenient for your own arguments.

Indeed I do. I said you cannot follow the guidelines. I said some ways to diverge from them were worse than other ways.

They don't have that alternative in other Windows programs, except by
remapping the keycodes.  I don't see why Emacs should be different.

My point is that Emacs should be different because it steeles the very important Alt key.