Re: rampant region highlighting

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: rampant region highlighting
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:13:59 -0400

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I suppose I don't understand what you're trying to do.  What you seem to
> be saying is that you want a way to disable all occurrences of active
> region highlighting, even the momentary highlighting induced by dragging
> the mouse (or double-clicking the mouse).  In that case, why not avoid
> dragging or double-clicking the mouse?

Also, if you want to disable all instances of region highlighting, what
should mouse dragging and mouse double-clicking do?  Do you want them to
be no-ops?

If this is something people really desire, we could package the relevant
mouse bindings into a minor mode, so that turning off the minor mode
disables the mouse commands.  But that just seems strange to me.