Syncing Gnus more often?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Syncing Gnus more often?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:30:21 +0200

[ I'm starting a new thread... ]

On Wed, Apr 09 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:
[ In <news:address@hidden> ]
> Maybe you want to ask Miles to do a round of sync'ing (he seems to have
> been a bit busy with other things recently).

Stefan, some time ago you offered to the arch-based sync (EMACS_22 ->
trunk) for Miles if he is too busy or offline.  If you still volunteer
to do this and it's okay for Miles, you could also sync to Gnus'
repository.  I'm sure Lars will give you write access.

I think a sufficient sync interval is once a week or so.  If it takes
much longer, chances of "forgetting" patches or conflicts tents to
increase.  Today I ran a diff Gnus trunk vs. Gnus-in-Emacs trunk and
there were much more differences (also older changes) than I expected.
I'll try to fix these after the next sync.

If the arch-based sync is sufficiently simple (i.e. documented for
someone who never used arch), I could to the Gnus sync occasionally as
well (I have access to fencepost and write access to both CVS
repositories).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,