Re: face-remap.el patch to resize window

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: face-remap.el patch to resize window
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:34:25 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Doesn't it make sense to resize the window to take advantage of space
>> freed up when text is scaled smaller? As an option at least?
>
> To me the fact that text-scale-increase doesn't change the window's
> size is one of its greatest features.  Resizing windows is the job of
> the window-manager (and most of my window's sizes are dicated by the
> screen size).
> But if people like it, I won't object to this feature as an option, as
> long as it's well integrated.

It sounds like a very confusing feature -- remember that
text-scale-increase applies to a single buffer, but windows are
typically used for many buffers in turn.

It could be useful for very specific cases, but it seems somehow wrong
to have it as a global setting.

-Miles

--
Logic, n. The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the
limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.