Re: Color themes

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Color themes
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:59:51 +0100

Hi Yidong,

On 2009-08-11 04:58 +0100, Chong Yidong wrote:
>> For example, if a package define faces that do not inherit from the
>> faces in the theme, then enabling the theme won't affect them, right?
>
> Most faces inherit from the basic faces (default, bold, italic, region,
> etc.) plus the font-lock faces.  Or at least they should.

I see inheritance as a convenient tool for defining new faces, but not
an effective tool for enforce consistency. Even if all faces inherit
from more basic ones, they can still choose to use different colours and
in reality this is what happens.

--
Leo's Emacs uptime: 7 days, 8 hours, 53 minutes, 56 seconds