Re: Why are there two dolist?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Why are there two dolist?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:54:14 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
> I do not understand your code above, but is not the conclusion that
> the cl-macs.el version does not do what it is supposed to do? What
> value does it have then? (Perhaps it can be fixed, I don't know.)

It need not work perfectly to have value.

I don't know whether CL return-from is defined to work across
function-call boundaries, but the vast majority of uses are far simpler,
and the cl.el version should work fine in those cases.

[cl.el is not anywhere close to being truly CL-compatible in general]

-Miles

--
Opportunity, n. A favorable occasion for grasping a disappointment.