Re: Bidi support

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Bidi support
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:18:21 +0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Why not the other way around: make a branch for Emacs 23.x, and leave
Emacs 24 on the trunk?  I think Yidong suggested that, and I think
it's a better idea.  We never left the mainline of our development on
a branch before.

We did for both unicode, and for multi-tty. Once the code was usable on GNU/Linux and at least compilable and didn't break on all other platforms (which involved removing Carbon support, because noone wanted to work on it), it was merged back to the trunk.

We should probably aim to keep the branch period short, but it would be useful to check what you have now into a new branch so others can try it before it goes on the trunk.