Re: gdb crashing in switch_to_thread

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: gdb crashing in switch_to_thread
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:22:00 +0200

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 12:44, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have seen the problem below a couple of times. Is there anyone who
>> knows more about it?
>>
>>  ../../gdb-7.0.50.20100202/gdb/thread.c:880: internal-error:
>
> Does also happen with GDB 7.1?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/downloads/mingw/MinGW/BaseSystem/GDB/GDB-7.1/

Thanks. I will test.

A note for other who want to test this:

After copying gdb 7.1.2 over my old gdb installation gdb did not
start. I got the message:

   gdb.exe - Unable To Locate Component
   This application has failed to start because libexpat-1.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

(I found the last sentence a bit comic.)

Downloading this library too made it possible to start gdb again:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/expat