Re: Autoloading (was: bug#5752: 23.1.94; sgml-lexical-context in post-c

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Autoloading (was: bug#5752: 23.1.94; sgml-lexical-context in post-command-hook)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:41:21 +0200

2010/3/23 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:
>> Fixed in emacs-23 branch by autoloading sgml-lexical-context in
>> flyspell.el.
>
> BTW, such manual autoloads are slightly problematic since they fail to
> provide docstrings (and arglists).

I am seeing an obscure problem with sgml-lexical-context  and Debian
emacs-snapshot, when used together with psgml as preferred sgml mode.
psgml provides 'sgml-mode, but has no `sgml-lexical-context'
definition. Either if I manually load 'sgml-mode' or trust autoload at
some points I get errors like.

Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
sgml-lexical-context: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Function seems loaded since describe-function sgml-lexical-context
works, and I can even explicitly evaluate it in the buffer (and seems
to evaluate correctly).

Cheers,