RE: Emacs learning curve

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:18:12 -0700

> > New thread, please.  This is a general discussion about the
> > Emacs learning curve.
>
> We're discussing making the Emacs cut/paste behavior closer
> to what new users expect.

Precisely.  And that's what you should call the new thread:
"new cut/paste behavior" or "better cut/paste for new users" or some such.

That is not part of a _general_ discussion about the Emacs learning curve.  Or
if it is, then that general discussion becomes a giant pit with multiple rat
holes down which subthreads will wind.  And those subthreads will not be labeled
as such, hence more difficult to find later.

Do you want the thread to contain all discussion (implementation details etc.)
of each possible change in behavior?

Not a good idea.  Especially where possible UI changes are concerned - you've
seen (I hope) how much of a detour any individual UI change discussion can take.
Did someone say "bike shed"?