Re: rename and clean unexec.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rename and clean unexec.c
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:45:58 +0300

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:38:11 -0400
>

> unexec.c is only used by MSDOS now.
> It should be renamed unexecdos.c (or something like that) similar to all the
> other unexec files.

I don't see a need to rename it.  Renaming complicates VC forensics,
even though bzr supports renames.  This isn't the only DOS-specific
file in Emacs that doesn't have "dos" as part of its name.

If there's a need for a profound sign that unexec.c is used only by
the DOS build, we could add a COMMENT ALL IN CAPS at its beginning.

> Also it needs a bit of a cleanup given that it's only used on MSDOS.

That's fine with me.

> In fact almost all #ifdefs in unexec.c can be removed.

Probably strictly all.  The only one I'm not sure about is
"#ifdef emacs" -- is some other package using this file, or do we
sometimes compile in Emacs without "emacs" being defined?

Anyway, I'll add to my todo to remove the ifdef's, but feel free to
beat me to it, as I have much more important jobs on my plate.