How do I debug errors in post-command-hook?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: How do I debug errors in post-command-hook?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:30:58 +0200

Hi all,

how do I debug errors that happen while executing a function in
`post-command-hook'?  The usual debugging facilities like
`toggle-debug-on-error' and `edebug-function' are not triggered in
there...

Background: There seem to be some packages that error when emacs is
started with the --daemon option.  One example is the lusty-explorer's
`lusty-buffer-explorer' function.  It works fine when run in a "normal"
emacs, but I get an error in `post-command-hook' when emacs was
initially started as daemon, and I'd like to know what's going wrong.

Bye,
Tassilo