Re: ~/.emacs.d/ in load path (Calc file conflict)

From: chad
Subject: Re: ~/.emacs.d/ in load path (Calc file conflict)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:56:18 -0800

I've never seen it happen before, but that's hearsay.

Searching for `.emacs.d' on EmacsWiki, I see that it tells users explicitly not
to do this (for exactly the reason that your user found) in the sections
describing startup files, the first two results:

        emacswiki.org/emacs/DotEmacsDotD
        emacswiki.org/emacs/LoadPath

Seems like good news.  I also found a couple examples of people doing it
(TimAnderson, ExtraLicense) in the first page of search results, which is less
good news.

Hope that helps,
*Chad