Re: "Loading"

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: "Loading"
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:05:05 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Why is that a "global state"?  I mean, the running process is associated
> with a buffer (e.g., a tramp buffer visiting a remote file, or a gnus
> article buffer that has spawned several download processes), so I'd
> expect the process activity indicator in the mode line of exactly that
> buffer, no?

It could become "global" if we would speak about asynchronous file
operations in general, like asynchronous `copy-file'. But that I do not
implement (yet), I've started with `write-region' and
`insert-file-contents'. And here we have an associated buffer, and could
use its modeline.

Same for doing asynchronous operations on a gnus article buffer.

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Best regards, Michael.