Re: Undocumented breaking change in minibuffer behavior

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: Undocumented breaking change in minibuffer behavior
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:22:57 +0100

  > Bug fixes are usually not NEWSworthy, and it never occurred to me that
  > anyone would actually want the previous behaviour.

I expect there are plenty of people who are setting truncate-lines
globally to t, and who will spot the change. So a line in a news
probably won't harm.

  > It would be easy to change it so that eg truncate-lines = 'nomini
  > means "truncate lines unless in a minibuffer".

I realized that I would also prefer the new default with the exception
of IDO completion. So I modified Johan's advice to work for IDO only:

(add-hook 'ido-minibuffer-setup-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq truncate-lines (default-value 'truncate-lines))))

Thanks,
Vitalie.