Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:34:25 +0800

On 2012-11-27 04:38 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> You seem to have misunderstood Glenn's request.  He's not opposed to
> seeing the announcements here, he's only asking for subsequent replies
> to go elsewhere.

Yes, this is what I understood. Normally there is not much discussion
about issues in MacPort, so I hope they can live in this ML for now.

[snipped 4 lines]
> I know some people prefer the MacPort over our NS port (and vice-versa),
> but I don't know that the difference can be such that the NS port is not
> even an option.
> Of course, maybe I just forgot about it.  Do we have a bug-number(s) for
> the corresponding problem(s)?

I have used the NS port for more than one year if I remember correctly.
During that time there was little response to any bug report in the NS
port so I moved on. Things might have changed given all these years so I
have little idea what it is like these days.

In the two years that I have been using MacPort, I have reported via
private emails to its author a dozen bugs, all of which were fixed
within a day or two with detailed explanation of what was going on. I
highly appreciate such a quality support and feel safer and happier
using MacPort.

Having said that, I encourage new comers to use NS port
whenever/wherever I can.

Leo