Re: clang and FSF's strategy

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: clang and FSF's strategy
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:17:57 -0500

    > The fact that these non-free tools are not based on gcc are a
    > testament to how proprietary software developers cannot plug into gcc,
    > and how clang is fostering non-free software.

    What does it matter whether clang fosters non-free software if clang *also*
    fosters free software?

Non-free software is an injustice.  Our goal is to eliminate that
injustice, to give computer users freedom.  Developing free software
part of what we do to achieve this goal.

When any program fosters non-free software, that works directly
against the overall goal.

Copyleft is our method of making sure that our free software does not
generate nonfree competitors which consist of our code plus something
else that is off limits to us.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation