Re: on using cl-do-symbols

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: on using cl-do-symbols
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 08:16:25 -0400

> The warning is that there is an unused binding for `sym'.
> cl-do-symbols does create an outer (let (sym) …) and then inside
> mapatoms, another (lambda (sym) …).  Does the outer let-binding in
> cl-do-symbols need to be there?

I guess it is there so as to obey the CL definition which says:

    When result-form is evaluated, var is bound and has the value nil.

If that's the case, then the let-binding can be moved so it only
covers the `,(nth 2 spec)` part of the code.  Personally, I'd be happy
to disobey the CL specification in this regard since I find it
completely silly.

        Stefan