Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2c8a7e5: Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulat

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2c8a7e5: Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulation
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:22:31 +0200

Hi all,

I appreciate the navigation fixes, but some of these changes made diff-auto-refine-mode work worse. In particular:

- If there's just one hunk, I routinely pressed `n' to take advantage of the auto-refine behavior. And point moved to the end of the hunk.

Now, pressing `n' gives me a ding at the top of the window, then some time passes (if the hunk is of a significant size), and auto-refine is applied. The point doesn't move.

- Another example: there are several hunks. I press `n', and the first one doesn't get refined. It only gets refined if I press `p' to jump back over it.