Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 21:34:57 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> No this is no good. If I am going to do this, I want notifications -- push
>> not pull. So, there needs to be a way to open this up beyond maintainers.
>
> Maybe there's a misunderstanding: I'm offering to do this in your
> stead.  IOW, "if I'm going to do this" is no longer applicable: if you
> ask me, I will do it for you -- you will no longer need to bother
> about the process, you will just get a notification when it's done
> (and you can query me about the current status, if you wish).
>
> It's entirely up to you whether to take the offer, of course.

Eli, this is a kind offer, but it misses the point, really. Having you
do the work doesn't make the work less, especially if, as Stefan says,
there is a ticket system there already. And, having you as a single
point of failure is not that scalable. Even if I get magit done, there
are many other packages out there, and I am not going to do them all.

Phil