Re: Some testing issues

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Some testing issues
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 09:46:10 +0200

> True, though when I step through the code in the interactive test, the
> condition (pos-visible-in-window-p shown) is true, so recenter is not
> called; so the question to me is why this is not the case in the batch run.

‘pos-visible-in-window-p’ is specified as

DEFUN ("pos-visible-in-window-p", Fpos_visible_in_window_p,
  Lisp_Object in_window = Qnil;

  return in_window;

so if none of the conditions it checks succeeds, it will return nil.

> Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I guess I'll have to leave such
> features untested, or is there an alternative?

You can wrap them in a (skip-unless (display-graphic-p)) which means
that they are allowed to fail in interactive use only.

martin