Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:26:56 -0400

  > The reason for this is that people will say "sent it off, not heard
  > anything back yet". I don't know how long the assignment process spends
  > at the FSF end; this could all be postage.

They never need to use the post.  Our clerk emails the papers.
Contributors anywhere in the world can print the papers, sign them,
and fax them to us.  Or scan them and email them.

Since people looking for this information found statements that gave
the wrong idea, I think some of our pages about assignment procedures
need to be updated or clarified.  If you saw an fsf.org URL which
contradicts what it says above, please report the problem to
address@hidden  If they find out about all the misleading pages, they
will fix them all.

  > > Do you have any suggestions for how to simplify parts other than step
  > > 4?

  > Having a way to track emails going out on a specific topic would be
  > helpful; this would make it easier to track when you last emailed some
  > one about assignment.

I am having trouble understanding that concretely.
Which emails do you mean?  "Going out" how?

--
Dr Richard Stallman