Re: How to block tests on hydra

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: How to block tests on hydra
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 23:44:05 -0400

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> recent changes of Tramp block the test on hydra in
> gnu:emacs-trunk:coverage. I've instrumented test/Makefile.in in order to
> see the output of tramp-tests, and it looks like the blocking test is
> tramp-test36-asynchronous-requests. It works properly when running locally.

I'm surprised it does anything at all actually, isn't the (add-to-list
'buffers ...) call a bug? Should be using `push' I think.

-              (add-to-list 'buffers (generate-new-buffer "foo")))
+              (push (generate-new-buffer "foo") buffers))

I noticed you added a with-timeout on that test, but it doesn't seem
to be working. Maybe a stronger method would be to use

    (start-process "*watchdog*" nil shell-file-name shell-command-switch
                   (format "sleep 350 ; kill -SIGUSR2 %d" (emacs-pid)))

By the way, I hit the "`tramp-test36-asynchronous-requests' timed out"
message when running locally in an -O0 build, although it succeeds
with an -O2 build. Maybe I just have a weak CPU.