Re: Native line numbers landed on master

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Native line numbers landed on master
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:47:03 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> writes:

>> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I've merged the line-numbers branch into master.  Please report any
>>> problems you see as result of this via 'report-emacs-bug', as usual.
>
> I'm pretty sure I'm building master but I don't see how to make the line
> numbers appear.

>From NEWS:

** Emacs now supports optional display of line numbers in the buffer.
This is similar to what linum-mode provides, but much faster and
doesn't usurp the display margin for the line numbers.  Customize the
buffer-local variable 'display-line-numbers' to activate this optional
display.

If you don't have that, you don't have master :-)

Regards

Robert