Re: GNU ELPA down?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA down?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:29:05 -0400

> I pushed an update to ada-mode to GNU ELPA git on Sunday, but it has not
> shown up in 'list-packages' yet.

I see

    Latest     ada-mode-5.2.2.tar, 2017-Jul-09, 1.57MB

so it looks like the package was built "promptly".

> In addition, attempting to access https://elpa.gnu.org/ (to look for
> info on resolving the issue) gives "unable to connect" (Firefox no
> longer gives the actual http error code).

Ah, that is indeed a problem.  The apache daemon was down for an
unknown reason.  I just updated elpa.gnu.org to the new Debian stable
this week, so it's probably linked.  IOW I hope the problem won't
reappear, but I expect it will.  I'll try to keep a eye open to better
catch and fix the problem next time.

        Stefan