Re: master 2ec8f28: Introduce defcustom 'executable-prefix-env'

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master 2ec8f28: Introduce defcustom 'executable-prefix-env'
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:47:53 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I don't think I've seen a :version bump used for "not new and no change
>> in default, but deprecated".
>
> But do you see anything wrong with doing that?  I didn't, so I left it
> as submitted by the author.

It's not part of the documented meaning for :version ("This keyword
specifies that the item was first introduced in Emacs version VERSION,
or that its default value was changed in that version").

There's a standard method for deprecating options, to mark them
obsolete; so yes, I think using :version for that is wrong.