Re: Something weird with when-let*/if-let*

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Something weird with when-let*/if-let*
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 16:42:24 -0400

> Besides message.el, nnimap.el is the only gnus lib to use when-let*.
> I can just add another subr-x require in nnimap for now -- if it starts

That's indeed what should be done, regardless of what message.el does:
if a foo.el uses a macro defined in bar.el, it should generally require
that bar.el directly rather than rely on some toto.el file to load it.

I'm not saying that we follow this rule all the time, but in my
experience, this is a sane rule to follow.  The downside is really
negligible: if foo.el requires foo.el which also requires bar.el, the
extra/redundant (require 'bar) will cost very little anyway.

        Stefan