Re: windows installer

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:27:45 +0100 (CET)

> Il 12 novembre 2017 alle 12.28 Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:56:27 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi
> >
> > cat E:/Emacs_portable/bin/runemacs_portable.bat
> > set HOME=%~dp0..\HOME
> > "%~dp0runemacs.exe" %*
>
> That will do The Wrong Thing if the machine already has a home
> directory for the user.

Hmm.. it redefines HOME only for Emacs so that .emacs.d, .gnupg etc. go there
and not in %APPDATA%

> I think a better solution is to set emacs_dir.  See its documentation
> in the user manual.

I have seen it
(https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html#Misc-Variables)
but I didn't understand much. Really defining

emacs_dir=%~dp0..\

in the .bat make .emacs.d go on the portable device?

May you give a concrete example? Thanks.

 Angelo